The VL53L1X is a state-of-the-art, Time-of-Flight (ToF), laser-ranging sensor, enhancing the ST FlightSense™ product family. It is the fastest miniature ToF sensor on the market with accurate ranging up to 4 m and fast ranging frequency up to 50 Hz
Housed in a miniature and reflowable package, it integrates a SPAD receiving array, a 940 nm invisible Class1 laser emitter, physical infrared filters, and optics to achieve the best ranging performance in various ambient lighting conditions with a range of cover window options.
Unlike conventional IR sensors, the VL53L1X uses ST’s latest generation ToF technology which allows absolute distance measurement whatever the target color and reflectance.
It is also possible to program the size of the ROI on the receiving array, allowing the sensor FoV to be reduced.
If you want to discover more about the VL53L1X don’t miss “ “.
- Fully integrated miniature module
- Size: 4.9×2.5×1.56 mm
- Emitter: 940 nm invisible laser (Class1)
- SPAD (single photon avalanche diode) receiving array with integrated lens
- Low-power microcontroller running advanced digital firmware
- Pin-to-pin compatible with the VL53L0X FlightSense™ ranging sensor that still has remained the world’s smallest time-of-flight sensor thanks to leading edge in-house packaging technology that enables the integration of a custom VCSEL (Vertical-Cavity Surface-Emitting Laser) and its driver, a SPAD (Single-Photon Avalanche Diode) receiver, and all the required circuitry in an all-in-one module.
- Fast and accurate long distance ranging
- Up to 400 cm distance measurement
- Up to 50 Hz ranging frequency
- Typical full field-of-view (FoV): 27 °
- Programmable region-of-interest (ROI) size on the receiving array, allowing the sensor FoV to be reduced
- Programmable ROI position on the receiving array, providing multizone operation control from the host
- Easy integration
- Single reflowable component
- Can be hidden behind many cover window materials
- Software driver and code examples for turnkey ranging
- Single power supply (2v8)
- I²C interface (up to 1 MHz)
- Shutdown and interrupt pins
Find out more information: VL53L1X
For detailed technical questions please check out our community website.