Sitting Pretty with ST Technology
Car electrification and the pervasiveness of semiconductors are key elements for innovation in traditional automotive body components.
ST’s rich portfolio makes it possible to make motorcycles cleaner and greener, cars safer and driving more comfortable.
A more comfortable driving experience is a current trend where car manufacturers are investing in advanced features to enhance the driver’s comfort and all-around automotive safety.
Seat control plays an important role in making driving more enjoyable.
Moving from high-end to middle/low-end cars, features such as seat temperature control systems and smart seat adjustment based on gesture controls are becoming new de-facto standards.
ST’s rich portfolio includes all components required for modern automotive seat solutions:
- An unrivaled family of high-side switches, VIPZero, based on proprietary VIPower® technology featuring an on-state resistance of only a few mΩ, ideal for driving high-current seat heater loads;
- A high safety dedicated sub-family of H-Bridge drivers based on proprietary VIPower® technology featuring patented Power Limitation technology and 15 A of current in a compact SO16N package ideal for driving seat positioning motors such as seat movement, seat height, seat length, seat width, seat angle, back angle, headrest position, headrest angle, lumbar support, and massage;
- A comprehensive family of 32-bit Power Architecture® MCUs for automotive body applications with a rich peripheral set and memory options;
- 3-axis automotive-grade digital accelerometer and gyroscope sensors able to provide precise information about seat orientation and position;
- A rich set of environmental sensors to acquire information about humidity, barometric pressure, temperature and ambient light to auto-regulate seat heaters and/or cooling fans and pumps;
- Bluetooth, Bluetooth Low Energy, and NFC communication modules to allow adjustment through smartphones.
Seat control system ebook_GF
Download our eBook to learn how the latest innovations are making drivers safer and more comfortable.