If you live in the US and can develop an IoT solution around the incredible, easy-to-use SensorTile BlueTooth™-equipped IoT Design Lab, you can win an Apple HomePod!
What is SensorTile?
SensorTile by ST is one of the coolest technologies we’ve ever laid our eyes on. This highly integrated reference design that be plugged into form-factor prototypes, adding sensing and connectivity capabilities to new designs through a smart hub solution. Hence, it can jumpstart the development of monitoring and tracking applications like standalone sensor nodes connected to iOS™ or Android™ devices through an application. It explains why SensorTile was so popular at this year’s Developer Conference where many companies, big and small, showcased new ideas and products now made possible thanks to its power and form-factor.
At only 13.5 mm x 13.5 mm, its footprint is very small, but it remains feature-rich, and a connector at the bottom means it can be added to an expansion board called the “cradle”. The connector pinout is also repeated on 18 PCB pads to make SensorTile solderable to the module itself. Here’s a brief list of what’s found on the main board:
- 3D digital accelerometer
- 3D digital gyroscope
- 3D digital magnetic sensor
- Digital output barometer (absolute pressure)
- 32-bit ultra-low power MCU (microcontroller)
- Bluetooth 4.1 LE network processor and its balun
To learn more about SensorTile, please visit its product page.
For this challenge, we want YOU to build enterprise-grade IoT solution using the STMicroelectronics SensorTile Development Kit! (We’re talking about fully documented projects with replicable code, clear pictures, and innovation.) Your project must also belong to one of the four categories below:
1. Smart Things: Wearables, Consumer Products, Music, Fitness.
2. Smart Cities: Environmental, Traffic, Safety, Education.
3. Smart Homes: Automation, Voice Control, Security.
4. Smart Industry: Manufacturing Sensors, Safety, Output, Speed.
- Project Submissions opens Jul 26, 2017, at 8:00 AM PT
- Deadline to Submit a Project is Oct 25, 2017, at 11:59 PM PT
- Winners announced on Oct 31, 2017, at 11:59 PM PT
For reference on how to get started, go here.
How to Buy:
If you want a head start, go here to purchase the SensorTile Development Kit.
For more information, or to register, visit the contest’s page on Hackster.io, , you can find all the information you need.